Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Spin Bitch, Spin!

Oh, I'm so excited that I'm tingling all over, it's almost like when your leg falls asleep and you go to stand up but instead fall over on your face and flounder around on the ground for a bit.

I'm not a huge Concert Fan, I guess because I don't like having huge speakers blasting music at me even though I'm a thousand feet away and can't see the artist other than on the huge video screens that typically accompany said concert.

I have seen some concerts recently that I enjoyed, like: Bette Midler, Rufus Wainwright, that Lesbian Country/Pop Singer what's her name - no not Rosie oh yeah, Melissa Etheridge (actually I LOVED her concert because she sang for 2 hours straight, er I mean 2 hours gayily), and there have been other concerts that have not been as much fun (Madonna - outrageously priced tickets, turning off the AC, making us wait an hour to start the show and the stupid C You Next Thursday's that stood the entire time even though they were the front fucking row of the balcony at the far end of the arena - stupid bitches).

But this Friday evening I got tickets to go see "An Intimate Evening with Lynda Carter."

Yep, you read that correctly - Lynda Carter, aka Wonder Woman!

I just found out about the concert a few weeks ago and immediately logged onto Ticketmaster to see if tickets were available and how much they were....well color me surprised when I selected the "best available" option and was given Front Row, Center Seats!

There must have been something wrong, I mean why would Front Row seats still be available this close to the concert - well after I thought about it for 12 seconds I entered my credit card number and got my confirmation number.

Can you believe that Ticketmaster charges a $10.50 fucking convenience fee per ticket(oops, sorry for swearing but that fee is ridiculous).

Regardless, or as an old boss of mine used to say irregardless, I'm going to see Wonder Woman this Friday night and she's gonna stare at me all night.

I told my friend that I was going to get a dozen long stem roses and after each song walk up to her and say "That was great, this is for you." Is that a little stalkerish?

Or I could just sit there and after every song yell "Spin Wonder Woman, SPIN!!! I didn't pay $68 a ticket plus a convenience fee to just have you stand up there and sing. Spin Bitch Spin" (you know I would never do that, right.....)

8 comments:

Mr. Urs said...

Seat??? Do you Americans sit at concerts? Maybe for Chopin, but there you don't want to shake your booties.

Michael Lehet said...

Gomad - Of COURSE we sit, why do you think we're all so fat?!?

Andrea Knapp said...

She sings?

Michael Lehet said...

Andi - Who knew!?

Antipodeesse said...

My kids made me watch a super hero movie about kids going to Sky High(school), where Lynda Carter played a cameo role as the principal. Her best line was "Well I don't think I can do all that. After all, I'm not a wonder woman." Very cute!

Andrea Knapp said...

Yep. She does!

Check it out here

Anonymous said...

As much as I appreciate the chivalry and devotion of the roses, I think you should totally sit there and yell SPIN. And then I hope it gets uploaded to YouTube so I can watch it.

The Sour Kraut said...

We need a follow-up on this evening.