Saturday, August 22, 2015

Best Grilled Cheese EVER!


I made the best grilled cheese ever over the weekend.  It started out with breakfast, but I didn't know it at the time.

I had gotten some good bacon at the grocery store and decided to bake it in the oven instead of on the stove - hoping to save some of the splatter and mess.  BTW, baking bacon in the oven, on a rack is the best way to make bacon.

Back to my sammich.!  Lunch rolls around and I'm hungry......Along with the bacon I bought some of that Texas Toast because I also made French Toast for breakfast, so I decided to make a grilled cheese....with Texas Toast!

I had been lazy after breakfast and didn't wash the pan that I had fried the bacon in....thank goodness.  Because I used the fat from the bacon to slather on my Texas Toast and then grill to perfection.  I added some of that bacon and two kinds of cheese; some of those Kraft Singles that allegedly have like 3 cups of milk in each slice and some shredded cheddar.

I grilled that baby until it turned nice and golden, then I flipped it over and did the same thing to the other side......then when that bitch was ready I threw it on a plate and sliced it.

Fortunately I took a picture before I scarfed it down.......wish you were here.

No comments: