Sunday, January 18, 2009

All the sports I can handle

I need to get some work done on the computer and the best way for me to concentrate is with the tv turned on for some background noise, but it needs to be something that I'm not going to be interested in so that I don't pay attention to it.

The spanish channel is great for that. If I need to get some work done then I just flip that channel on, watch it for about 2 minutes, suddenly realize that I have no idea what they're saying but the boys are cute and I can effectively ignore it but "enjoy it" at the same time.

So I'm flipping through my free DTV channels and landed on the beginning of some football game - perfect, now I'll get my weekly dose of sports AND get some work done.

I don't know what game this is, but Jordan Sparks just sang the National Anthem and all I can say is "WOW" I've heard of Jordan Sparks (I'm not a big Idol fan) but had never really heard her, she has an amazing voice, she totally deserved to win Idol..she did win, right?

Well I've got to get some work done, and I can check one thing off my list: a blog post.

Have a great week? It's historic for us, well at least me!

2 comments:

Xmichra said...

Well she did win, but to me Blake Lewis was far better (and that was the CD i bought afterwards).

And look, you got your work done and can say you caught the game on the weekend ;)

Mr. Urs said...

I reckon, the next lip-synch will be the National Anthem.