Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Today was the best and worst day rolled into one!

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times...oh wait, those aren't my words, but they sure say exactly what I want to say about today.

It was the best of times because President Barack Hussein Obama was sworn in as the 44th President of the United States. Almost 2oo of my co-workers gathered in our "auditorium" to watch the inauguration on the "big screen" (i.e. a projector hooked up to my DTV box and antenna) and clapped and shouted when he said "So help me god." During his speech people clapped along and were transfixed, I can't recall an inauguration like it? Was it this grand when old Bushie was put into office 8 years ago? Who cares - out with the old, in with the new!

After a day of jubilation and excitment a dark clouded descended on me when I opened my email.

As I was scanning my new emails I saw the word CANCELLED, at first I thought it was just another magazine subscription that was threatening me for not renewing, but alas it wasn't! It was from a local theater, as I read the entire subject line a tear gathered in the corner of my eye....they were cancelling Chitty Chitty Bang Bang due to low local sales.

How could they!?!

I'm going to bed now!


First the good news is that President Barack Hussein Obama was inaugurated as the 44th President of the United States.

After a day of jubilation and excitement I received an email that gave me a terrible shock

No comments: