Monday, January 26, 2009

Will Oprah be the next Senator from Illinois?

I got this in an email from a friend and I had to share it with you:

I heard that Blagojevich offered the Senate seat to Oprah and she immediately accepted.

Then, when she thought about if for a second she realized she misheard him. When he was saying "Oprah would like like the Senate seat" she thought he was saying "Oprah, would you like something to eat." When she realized it wasn't an all you could eat, she declined the seat.

So Oprah will not be the next Junior Senator from the State of Illinois.

btw, I wonder who the hell we're going to get to run for Governor? We're two for two here, those aren't very good odds.

Who would you vote for?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I nominate Michael!!! He would make an awesome Governor. ML, what would your agenda be?

The Big Finn said...

Chicago is really looking good these days. I nominate Mayor Daley to be both Mayor AND Governor.

Michael Lehet said...

@Marty - Thanks but no thanks!

@TBF - Yeah I vote for him, he could do it!