Monday, November 06, 2006

3 Down, Countless Millions to Go!

What do that Ropey Old Bird, Ms. Mac and The Big Finn have in common? I mean besides being great bloggers and all having lived in countries other than the US of A?

Their common link is that I've had the opportunity to meet each of them IRL!

Just this past weekend I got to share a table in a Mexican Restaurant and drink Margaritas with The Big Finn! Yep you read that right, I got to meet The Big Finn in person (and believe me you, he's much taller in person than he looks on the internet).

TBF was in town visiting family and friends and took time out of his busy schedule to meet up and chow down on some yummy Mexican food. We had a great time talking about things that weren't on our blogs and comparing how much life is different between America and Europe. All I can say is that the next time I complain about something - I'll think twice, we've got it pretty good over here!

So now I've had the chance to meet three great bloggers in person, which only means statistically the next person I meet is going to be a total asshole......

Hey, who wants to meet up for drinks?

8 comments:

Mr. Urs said...

Next month I would be close to Washington DC.

CanadianSwiss said...

Well, maybe us. We're not as tall as TBF though ;-)

But wait a minute, not everything is that bad here. I'll have to have a serious talk with TBF, I think. Either that, or, maybe it's because I have dual nationalities (I have more rights than an expat), or I've been away too long. Whatevahhhh! I'll let you know 6 months after I've returned to Canada.

Anonymous said...

I would love to meet up for drinks and debauchery! Don't your folks live down my way?? hint, hint...

Michael Lehet said...

Gomad - So close, yet so far!

CS - No you've got it pretty nice over there with the beautiful views and lovely swiss cows, but we've got 192 flavors of ice cream and 27 different varieties of Doritos...hmmmm....

Robin - You're right, my parents stay in Ocala over winter, and I may just make it down this year!

Xmichra said...

I would love to be that asshole, but alas, i am a little to far. hehe.

CanadianSwiss said...

Alright! Ice cream wins over the cows.

Karen said...

Fun!

Um, you have 27 flavours of Doritos????

Rob7534 said...

I've been called an asshole before, but NOT a Total Asshole! :)