Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Three Rants and an Alley

I had to run some errands during lunch today - I'll never do that again.

Why does everyone think that they're the only person on this planet? I swear that we have turned into a society of "It's me, just me, and only me"

I'll try to keep my rant to a minimum today as I know you have more important things to do.

1. Turn Signals - remember, turn signals aren't for you, they're for the REST of the world to know what the fuck you're doing you asshole.

2. Why does everyone at the post office go to lunch at the same time as the rest of the world? I stood in line for 15 minutes while two windows were open, when it was my turn one of the windows closed, and of course there was a "problem" at the one open window. Don't they realize that people sometimes run errands during lunch time and it's really not the time to only have one window open. Fortunately 10 minutes later they opened another window - I guess someone was done with their smoke break.

3. Is it so difficult to verify that you put all of the food in the bag? I don't like to admit that I've been to both Wendys AND McDonalds within three days of each other, but it is what it is, isn't it? We stopped at McD's Saturday morning for breakfast while on a foraging trip to get party supplies and they forgot our Hashbrowns. I want ALL of my fat please. Then yesterday I stopped at Wendy's (uhm, because it took so long at the Post Office) and they forgot my fries. I guess it's much more difficult to read information on the monitor than I thought it was.

Whew, I'm done......that felt good, I hope you didn't read all the way to the end, otherwise I'll feel bad!

Oh yeah, I forgot about our alley. We've had a really funky winter so far, high temps, lo temps, rain, ice, snow. Our Alley looks like a really uneven ice skating rink, we had a warm up over the weekend and then the temps dropped so everything froze where it was. Footprints, animal prints, Starbucks Coffee Cups, there are undulating rivers of what appear to be molten ice. As I was driving down the alley last night there was one set of tracks down the middle. It was just like being at the Car Wash where you have to line your wheels up so you can get tugged through the wash. All I had to do was line my wheels up with the grooves and give it the gas, I didn't even have to steer. The only problem came when I had to get off at my exit (the garage), I turned the wheels but they said "No" this is a one way trip, from one end of the alley to the other. It was actually quite fun albeit a little nerve wracking! But I did finally make it in the garage.

8 comments:

The Big Finn said...

I never experience the lunchtime post office problem you experienced because...

OUR LOCAL POST OFFICE CLOSES FOR LUNCH FROM 12:00 to 3:00 EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

THREE HOURS!!!!

OKCFireplug said...

Michael, I totally understand your frustration with people not using blinkers. It is like they think that we all automatically know what they are going to do. Furthermore, I also greatly dislike those who run redlights and those who "create" parking spaces just because they don't want to have to park a little further out. That really speaks to the fact that they think it really is all about them.

Rich said...

oh dont even get me started! Encino is the rotten heart of self-centered, self absorbed Los Angeles assholery. If I had a dime for every thoughtless asshole that I encounter every minute here I'd be able to hire enough hitmen to kill every asshole republicker in America. Ranting? please! Rant on!!

Ice John's World said...

Sorry that you encountered several not-so-good things in that day. People in big city tend to be less polite and more aggressive. Guess the competition of the crowd make the worst of human nature. Hang in there and weekend is coming soon!

Anonymous said...

This is why I take my lunch break 2-3pm, no queues in shops, banks or post offices.

I suppose its too late now but I would love to see some pictures of your frozen entrance ;-)

Anonymous said...

forgot your fries?? OMG...that would have put me over the edge!

Xmichra said...

see, signal lights for me only tell me that a person MIGHT turn in that direction. I had a jerk blinking off to the right, and he totally went left! Signal lights bad. 20/20 vision and responce time GOOD. lol...

Anonymous said...

What Rich said...but add Phoenix to the mix. And my personal peeve? These old fuckers who get in the 10 items or less line with 15 items and then write a goddamn CHECK!