Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wednesday Birthdays Are The Best

The one thing that we all have in common is a birthday. I don't care who you are, you have a birthday - whether you want to admit it or not. My sister who has been older than me for most of her life has been stuck at the age of 29 for quite sometime. Now she'll admit that she has a birthday, but she'll also stick to her guns that she's 29.

So even though we all have Birthdays - it's actually WHEN your birthday occurs that really matters....now it should happen on the same calendar day every year (that is unless you're a Leap Year Baby), but it doesn't always occur on the same day of the week. That's the real key to having a fabulous birthday if you really think about it.

So here's how you get to celebrate your birthday, If your birthday falls on:

Sunday - you get to celebrate your birthday on the sabbath, and you feel really bad getting drunk on a Sunday.

Monday - You get to return to work and no one remembers because they're still wishing it were the weekend.

Tuesday - You get to go to Denny's for your Birthday Dinner because who wants to cook on a Tuesday Night?

Thursday - Everyone has forgotten because it's Friday tomorrow and that's way more important than your birthday.

Friday - These birthdays are fun, but the drinking starts right after work and you don't wake up until Monday morning.

Saturday - The good thing about a Saturday Birthday is that everyone is already out at the clubs celebrating and you just get to join along and have everyone buy you free cocktails!

But by and far the best day to have a birtday on is a Wednesday.

Because Wednesday birthdays fall smack dab in the middle of the week and who in their right mind goes out and parties and gets drunk on a Wednesday Night (well who over the age of 25 does that?) So when your birthday falls on a Wednesday you get to party for a whole week.

The weekend prior to your birthday you get to go out and say "Oh my birthday is on Wednesday" and everyone buys you cocktails because they may not see you next weekend. Then on your birthday you get to have a nice dinner out at a fancy restaurant because really, who wants to cook on a Wednesday and you're not only celebrating your birthday but also Hump Day. Even better than that is you get to go out all weekend and say "My birthday was on Wednesday, you missed it." So everyone feels guilty and buys you drinks and presents and all sorts of goodies because you can lay the guilt on so well.

Oh yeah, it's my birthday today....and it's a Wednesday, so where are my presents?

14 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

Happy Happy Birthday.......

It's in the mail. Oh, and the birthday card I left with the family to mail while I was at yours? So it would get there in time? Sitting on the side in my kitchen. In such an obvious place, screaming "I should have been mailed by now!"

So, yeah. You'll get it sooner or later.....

The Big Finn said...

Michael - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I sent you some snow. Did you get it yet?

The Big Finn said...

BTW...

Don't forget to change your age in the "WHAT YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT ME" section. You are now a 39 year old gay man living in Chicago.

Congratulations!

Andrea Knapp said...

To tell the truth that is the first thing I looked at this morning when I read your blog, to see if you had changed your age......

I won't mind if you wait until later on tonight Michael.....

*goes to check her own blog to see how young she thinks she is*

Michael Lehet said...

Andi - Your presences was your present this weekend, I had a fabu time.

TBF - Yes, I did get it. Could you please send me the receipt so I can return it, you sent an Extra Large and I'm obviously a small.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday, Wednesday boy!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, ML! I was fortunate enough to have celebrated with you twice already! And I loved the Soylent Brown cake! (giggles) ~D

The Sour Kraut said...

I love birthdays!!

Have fun being 39!

Xmichra said...

.... so then what do you get for the belated birthday? More drinks and pressies?? lol.. happy birthday Michael!

Ice John's World said...

Happy birthday, Michael! Post somehtiing for you on my blog:

http://icejohnsworld.blogspot.com/2008/02/happy-39-birthay-to-michael-at-are-you.html

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, you big ol' hunk o' humpy manflesh, you! Hope you had a great one!

Karen said...

Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mikey

Jelly said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I owe you a drink!