Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Whew!

First off, I want to apologize to you....I feel like I've been neglecting my blog and it hasn't been my intention at all.

I was really waiting for winter to come so that I could sit back, relax and enjoy hibernating for the winter......boy was I wrong. This winter has been absolutely crazy, I've had such a great time and I'm afraid it's starting to show.

I've turned into a Facebooker.....last year I was complaining about how much I hated Facebook but I'm a convert. I've had such a great time on Facebook over the last year, I've connected with so many people it's amazing.

I've re-connected with friends from High School, old co-workers, friends that have moved away and even family members! It's a great way to stalk people and get stalked at the same time and it's easy to follow peoples online adventures.

I won't say that it's better than blogging.....because there's nothing like that, but it makes it easier to stay connected to people and find out what they're doing.

I still hate the applications on Facebook, because they promise you all of this fabulous stuff and then only screw you over in the end. But I do love posting pictures and videos and sharing silly meme's, here's my 25 Random Things, tagging people in pictures and just connecting with people.

But it's not just been Facebook.....I've been doing a lot of writing as the Chicago Gay Examiner, my friends Marc & Fausto have invited me on their show Feast of Fools a handful of times and I've been writing a weekly column for ChicagoPride.

I just turned 40 and I haven't even reached halfway up that hill yet, I don't know why everyone says it's downhill from here....I'm even more busy now and things aren't going to slow down.

My best friend and I have been planning a trip to Amsterdam and it's coming up in a few short weeks. We've been talking and planning this trip for more than a year and now we're in the final crush to get things pulled together. There's 6 of us going including the Ropey Old Bird and there's been rumor that perhaps Mr & Mrs Big Finn and Canadian Swiss & Orange X might make an appearance in Amsterdam.

We were trying to get to Paris to hopefully see Ms. Mac and Antipodese, but we don't think that we're going to be able to swing it....so close yet so far.....

So can anyone give me some tips on what to do when we're in Amsterdam?

3 comments:

gammagoblin said...

"So can anyone give me some tips on what to do when we're in Amsterdam?"

Other than the obvious? lol

Xmichra said...

see, i knew you'd come around to facebook..lol...

hey if OX and CS are there, figure out a way for them to cook for you!! all the food they make looks so delish!

Michael Lehet said...

@Gamma - Yes, beyond the obvious of going to look at the Tulips and Windmills.

@Xmichra - i'll be sure to make the cook for us : -)