Wednesday, June 15, 2005

And then I'm done

I don't typically do this, but I was just so frustrated today.

I’ve been in some big meetings these past two weeks, they’ve pulled together a group of disparate employees and we’ve been brainstorming ideas for this project. It’s been a lot of fun, we’re mingling with people we wouldn’t typically mingle with and we’re actually getting some headway.

But here’s where I’m going to go off. Last week I brought up this idea, I thought it was a good idea and the others agreed. So this week we’re going over “solutions” and a guy who was not there last week said, “Hey, wouldn’t it be great if we could do xxx.” And because he wasn’t there the week before didn’t know that it was already brought to the table….well everyone is like “oh yeah, that’s a great idea, let’s go with that.”

I’m not one to toot my own horn that often, and he didn’t know I brought it up last week…but I’m sort of pissed of that no one seems to remember that I brought up the exact same idea last week…ugh!

Part 2

There’s this one person (they shall rename nameless and genderless) who has a habit of coming to meetings late and then forcing everyone to repeat what was already discussed. This person missed most of the meetings today and comes in during the last half hour and says “I don’t understand how you came up with this, could you explain it to me?” Bigger UGH!!!!!

No comments: