Friday, June 10, 2005

If I could be anything....

I would be a magician.

I've always loved magic, I like the "mystery" behind it....but the funny thing is, once I figured out how it works....I'm not so excited about it.

So perhaps that's what intrigues me so much. I enjoy trying to figure out how they do things. It's all an illusion, which means it's not real, there's got to be some gimmick that makes it work. I've not seen a good magic show in years.

I've seen David Copperfield I couldn't tell you how many times, at least a dozen, almost once a year...that was until 1998. He just got boring, he did all the same tricks and only had one big new one (I totally understand illusions are difficult to do) but come on dude, at least do different coreography from year to year.

The most amazing thing I ever saw him do was when he flew across the stage. The whole time I was telling myself, this isn't real, it's an illusion, but it looked so real, I still can't figure out how it's done (even after reading the Chat Room things about it (Yes people are still talking about it, uh oh, I just realized what I'm doing.) I'm sorry.

But check out this little movie, it's very cool. I've got it partially figured out but need a little more. Perhaps you can help me figure it out.

Is this not the coolest thing you've ever seen. (link is to a streaming windows video media file (just so you know).

Watch his hands right after the candle is big and he's folding the bag.

1 comment:

Ms Mac said...

I won't watch those Magic Revealed shows because I still like to watch and think, "How the hell....?"

I always found David Copperfield to be a bit camp for my liking. But that's magic, really.

Once we saw a magician called Rudy Coby- He was excellent!