Thursday, March 15, 2007

Are people really this stupid?



This was on The Smoking Gun, if you've never been there go check it out.

After the Superbowl there was a major ruckus that prince was showing off his "penis" to the world via a light and a sheet. Uhm, I watched the show and honestly the first thing that DIDN'T come to my mind was Prince showing off his penis behind a sheet?!? And it should have!

I don't understand people...check out this complaint that was sent in, here's part of it:
"It was obscene to show Prince, a HOMOSEXUAL person through a sheet, as to show his siluette (sic) while his guitar showed a very phalic (sic) symbol coming from his below-midriff section. I am very offended and I would preffer (sic) not to have showed it to my 4 children who love football. One of them has hoped to be a quarterback and now he will turn out gay. I am actually considering to check him for HIV. Thanks CBS for turning my son GAY."
OMG - I know that there are ignorant people out there in the world, but when I actually "see" it I am just floored. I want to contact this person and say "That's not what makes you gay. Oh and yeah, you can't "catch" HIV by watching TV."
Why must people be so stupid?

9 comments:

Ms Mac said...

It's the stupid/smart balance. Because we have to carry the burden of being so stupendously clever, some poor bastards have to go through life being blissfully ignorant.

If we were all as smart and gorgeous as us, then the world would tip over and we'd all fall off.

True!

Michael Lehet said...

Ms. Mac, I think you're absolutely correct. Thank goodness we're here to balance things out!

The Big Finn said...

Amazing!

Mr. Urs said...

I he only were a homosexual...

The Sour Kraut said...

It's got to be a joke. No one can be that dumb, can they?

The Sour Kraut said...

One more thing...

Is Prince gay? I seriously didn't know that.

Michael Lehet said...

TSK - No, It's not a joke...which makes it really sad.

And no, Prince isn't Gay - in fact I think he's married?!?

I think some people just throw out the "gay thing" if they don't understand, it makes it easier for them to comprehend.

The Sour Kraut said...

I just today explained what gay meant to our two sons, 9 & 7. They didn't react at all. Just another lessen in equality and acceptance. So, I guess for each ignorant fool out there, hopefully there is one of us trying to teach something good.

On a funny note, our discussion about acceptance and loving one another turned into a conversation about racism. Our younger son said to me, "King Arthur was a good man." He meant Martin Luther King. Cute.

Anonymous said...

W.O.W. This has got to be a joke. Seriously?? I thought that people were just inately smarter than THAT. boy was i mistaken.
~xmichra