Friday, March 02, 2007

Sixty-Two Degrees

Was the body ever designed to handle a 63 degree change in climate within a 4 hour period?

I'm home....and it's 27 degrees in Chicago, just a few short hours ago it was 90 degrees in Orlando. I had a fabulous time with my family, got to spend some time sitting by the pool and actually IN the water! Learned an exciting new game called LCR, it's so easy to learn and gets really intense where you're yelling and screaming at each other. We went to two Disney parks - EPCOT and Animal Kingdom, and ate at way too many buffets!

But seriously, today I saw an amazing 63 degree change in my climate, do you think the human body was ever designed for this kind of travel? I don't think so. Last night we had the A/C going full blast and tonight I'm trying to keep it ABOVE 60 degrees!

Give me a little time to get organized and I will post tales and photos for you.

4 comments:

The Big Finn said...

No worries...

Finns regularly go from a 200˚F+ sauna into a lake where a hole has been chopped through the ice. All this...in a matter of SECONDS!!!

I've done it, and lived to tell about it. Although, I nearly had to pry my testicles out of my stomach cavity.

Mr. Urs said...

I just came back from Siberia, where we had to go from a 200˚F banja into -50˚F snow to cool down. I had ice cubes at my feet when I went back in. And it was actually an absolutely great feeling. Sometimes I'm qauite scared by myself.

CanadianSwiss said...

Welcome home, Michael. I'd rather have the 62° difference than the experiences mentioned above. I love the sauna, but I'll never do the jump in icy water thing.

The Big Finn said...

...just wanted to write the word "testicles" in your comments again.

Thanks...