Sunday, February 27, 2005

I think I've figured it out

You know, I was going to post yesterday, but the day just really got away somehow. And then I thought about it, I don't need to blog every day. I would like to, but I don't think that I can commit to an unrealistic goal like that.

Instead, I will "try" to post everyday, but if I don't then I'm not gonna torture myself because of it. I think sometimes we set ourselves lofty goals, that we know we can't reach, and we get frustrated.

Such as the gym, who out there hasn't made a new year's resolution (or any resolution) saying that we're going to go to the gym (or do any repetitive activity) on a daily/regular basis. Well we do, but then after about a week or two we start to slow down and then eventually we give up altogether and then we beat ourselves up saying why couldn't I stick with that longer.
Which brings a little insight to my theorem: I go to the gym with my friend J. We work at the same company and go to the gym together after work. So one day we're at the gym and I'm unpacking my gym bag and I realize that I forgot a t-shirt, all I had was a big sweatshirt to wear afterwards.....so my friend looks at me and says "If you didn't want to workout why didn't you just say so instead of 'forgetting' your shirt." At which point I told him "If I don't want to go to the gym, do I ever make up excuses with you, No, I just say, "I'm dropping you off at the gym."


So I've decided that for things that I really should do (i.e. go to the gym, post here, post on a photo blog, diet, other repetitive tasks) that I will do my best to abide by what I know I should be doing and what I'm actually doing. I feel better at least.

I hope you feel better!

No comments: