Monday, February 28, 2005

It's almost vacation time

The weather here sucks. I don't mind winter, but what I do mind is the big flucations in weather we've been having this year.

It will be 12 degrees one day and literally the next day it will be in the mid-40's and then back down to 20.

I think I would like winter a whole lot more if it were just 25 degrees from mid-November through mid-March. That way you know what to expect and you can get used to it.

It's been such a warm weather that there haven't been many nights of "staying home" and watching movies, playing cards, games, etc. In fact I think most of the times that I've gone out I've walked to where I've been going. It just hasn't been one of those winters where you say "it's nasty out, I'm staying in."

But the good thing about later this week is I'm going on vacation! South of the Border Baby! I'm going to Cancun, Mex for a week. My parents own a timeshare there, so I'm going there with them. Plus as a bonus a friend of mine who used to live here moved to Cancun 2 years ago and he actually works at the resort where my parents own, talk about a small world. So I'll get to see him and hang out for a while.

The nice thing is, I can sit on the beach, read a book and drink a nice corona (which is domestic there). It's funny, beer is so cheap there, I remember seeing signs last year where during lunch you could get 3 corona's for like $2, it was so great! Of course at the resort they're $6 but that's what we're used to paying.

1 comment:

Andrea Knapp said...

Bear in mind I'm reading this blog backwards.....

I hope you took photos, and are going to blog them.....

I love seeing pictures in blogs. Brings me closer (but not in a stalking way!)...

Anyway *continues to read blog*.......