Monday, December 17, 2007

GE must need a big tax write off this year

The Roommate is watching that "Clash of the Choirs" program on NBC. I came into it late so didn't quite get what was going on....all I saw were soliders and Generals and thinking to myself "Ah, GE is trying to bolster support for the war." Which is a great thing, I think at this time of the year (hell all year long) that we have to remember that there is a War going on....even though we're carrying on as "normal" and pretending that nothing is really going on....but there IS a WAR Going on, and we do need to remember to support our troops. Those men and women that are over there fighting for my right to be an American Citizen. I could never be a solider and was very disappointed when the "don't ask, don't tell" policy came into being. I had a great escape planned to Canada if I would ever been called to service...thank goodness that never happened......so I continue wathing "Clash of the Choirs" and suddenly the head of GE, who happens to be a Brigadire General, enters the stage and says that GE is donating $250 Million USD to the Disabled Veterans Fund.....yeah GE, that's great....that's wonderful what you're doing.....You are so generous during this time of year.......wait.......you're basically giving the US Government money........yeah.....you're "donating" $250M to support Disabled Veterans.....veterans that the US Government should be taking care of because they're veterans........but they're not because they've spent so much freaking money on this stupid endless war......so I guess GE must be needing a big tax write off this year because of their donation......because they give the $250M away and then they get to write it off too....right?

2 comments:

The Big Finn said...

I wish GE had used the $250 million to pay me a dividend when I owned their stinkin' under-performing stock!!!

Andrea Knapp said...

But Michael, you KNOW you'd look cute in a uniform!