Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Welcome to Zoo Lights


Welcome to Zoo Lights
Originally uploaded by Michael_L
Every year the Lincoln Park Zoo (one of the few remaining free zoos in the country) lights up the night with Zoo Lights.

We decided to go and see what all the hoopla was about, if you'd like to follow along just click on the picture or HERE and you can join us as we walk around the zoo.

I was rather disappointed though, I must admit, it was not anything like I had expected for a Zoo to do. I mean come on, anyone can wrap lights around a tree......I wanted to see lights wrapped around a giraffe or perhaps a lion - now THAT takes talent.

I'm just kidding, Zoo Lights was fun, it was cold, it was a great night out with friends to enjoy all that is Chicago and get kicked out of the gift shop because we were playing with all of the stuffed animals.

I wish you were here so you could have gone with us....perhaps next year?

4 comments:

The Big Finn said...

Kudos to you, Michael. I lived in Chicago for 37 years, and I never even freakin' heard of Zoo Lights. WTF?
I think it's about time I move back to Chicago and begin explorin' my roots.

Anonymous said...

Aw nuts! I was supposed to go to Zoo Lights on Tuesday night but I've been fighting a horrible cold (and sort losing!) for the past week and a half, so I figured it'd be better if I stayed home and rested. :(

It's a cute idea, I did it a few years ago and it's a neat way to see the zoo. Of course it's the ONLY way I've ever seen the zoo... but still...

The Sour Kraut said...

Love the idea of wrapping the animals in lights. Let's try it next year. We're in!

The Sour Kraut said...

Only let's not try it at the Tiger enclosure.

Do you think that's what those guys were up to in SF?