Friday, September 22, 2006

I hope to goodness she has a nickname

The shuttle Atlantis safely touched down earlier this week, after several space walks and nervous nelly's wondering if debris found outside the shuttle would impact it's return.

There was an article today on MSNBC about one of the astronauts who collapsed during the welcome home ceremony.

She was the 5th out of 6 astronauts to talk, I think she really just faked it so they could all go home. I mean really after 2 astronauts talking how much more could there be? And if she was the next to last to talk, did what she have to say really that important? I mean if it had been, wouldn't she have been the first to talk instead of next to last?

I know I shouldn't bitch, she's been in space and I haven't. I guess when I come home from my first space flight I'll want to talk about it too no matter how many people are in front of me.

But really, I hope this lady has a nickname because her name is:

Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper

Now isn't that a mouthful?

No comments: