Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm such a neglectful parent

Thank goodness that I'm only raising a blog and not children, otherwise DCFS would be all over my ass!

I apologize for the lack of postings as of late but boy things have gotten so busy.

A few weeks ago we had the distinct pleasure of traveling to NE Ohio and seeing the Knapps and meeting the Wonderful Mac's.....hell after that trip it took me a week to recover!

Work has been so so so busy for a change, we had a person leave our team and I took over most of their responsibility (in addition to keeping my own tasks) so when I get home from work I'm totally drained.

Oh yeah and there was the move that happened at the beginning of the month. I would say that we're 95% in the house, there are only a few things left to do - one of them is to get the office area completed. There's been so many other things to do around the house that when I get home I don't always have the luxury of being able to sit down at the computer and surf like I used to (It's been ages since I've even been on YouTube, if you can believe that.)

I'm actually going home to NE PA this weekend to visit my family. A few months back we got some very bad news about my Uncle - he was diagnosed with Brain and Lung Cancer, he's been undergoing chemo treatments and has a long road ahead of himself. As you may recall, The Boyfriend and I were to travel home to NE PA back in June/July but because of storms we didn't make it, so I decided this weekend I'm going.

I'm going to see my uncle, my parents and my sister and maybe visit The Fair, I promise to take lots of pictures and will post when I get back.

Next month we're hosting Movie Night at the new house and also having our House Warming Party/Halloween Party, so if you're in the Chicago area or going to be in the Chicagoland area let me know and you can stop by and party with us.

4 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

Oh you know our tickets are booked already don't you?

You don't?

Michael, our tickets are booked. Now, I just need a costume. I'm thinking the Nanny 911 thingy or something....

Xmichra said...

sounds like you have had a really exciting month!! Hopefully things will mellow out a bit so we can get our ounce of Michael out here in blogland... ;)

Michael Lehet said...

Andi - that's perfect we'll need to find you a little "naughty stool" to carry around!

XM - I don't know if I'd call it exciting : -)

The Big Finn said...

Michael -
I will be in Chicago from October 30th until November 8th. When's the party? If I can't make it to the party, maybe we could at least get together for lunch, dinner, coffee, etc.