Friday, June 15, 2007

Where are the Fucking Cicadas?

If you don't live in the Chicago area you can just press the next button to go to the next blog.

But if you do live in Chicago....have you seen and/or heard any Cicadas?

At the end of May we were inundated with stories in the Newspapers and the TV News people telling us that we were going to be overcome with the onslaught of the 17 year Cicadas. That our dogs would eat them, but live, that they would overpower any outside gatherings with their loud hummings and strummings.

But as of today - June 15, 2007 I have not seen a god damn cicada, and I'm a little miffed about it?

I mean come on people, you warned us and nothing happened, do you think I'm really going to believe you next time? I'm just so glad that I didn't invest in that banner that said "Welcome Cicadas" and that frozen Margarita machine to make Cicadagaritas.

Although someone did tell me that it has been a little crazy in the suburbs but in the city where there isn't a lot of undisturbed ground that there haven't been a lot of sightings.

Have you seen the Cicadas?

5 comments:

Rob7534 said...

Nope, haven't seen them here in the far west burbs. But when the weather gets this warm, I prefer Central Air. So the windows are closed.

Mr. Urs said...

I have to admit that I haven't go the best observation position over here, but so far I can't register any sighting. Not that I know how Cicadas actually look or sound like.

Jelly said...

Cicadagaritas! HA!

Anonymous said...

We had the 17 year cicadas in NJ a few years ago. It was crazy! They were so loud. You couldn't walk outside without getting hit by dozens of them in a short time. Creepy, but fascinating! -- cuz

The Big Finn said...

My sister told me that they didn't have any cicadas in Barrington. However, I can report that we had TONS of them in Elmhurst in 1990!