Monday, June 16, 2008

Poor Puppy

When the rest of us in the US is battling rising prices on everything - food, basic services and gas (I just put $50 worth of gas in my car and I drive a Ford Focus) you'll be glad to know that even the rich are facing their own troubles.

Remember Leona Helmsley - no, not Sherman Hemsley, Leona was the "Queen of Mean"

Well the old bag died a while back and continuing on with her spitefulness, she bequeathed a large chunk of her estate ($12,000,000) to her dog - Trouble.

Now granted, we all want to make sure that our pets are taken care of after we depart this planet, but $12MM for a dog? That seems like a lot to me.

Well just recently a Judge has reduced the Trust Fund for this poor little puppy and moved $10MM of the assets over the the Helmsley Chartiable Foundatin, leaving a measly $2,000,000 for the poor hound to survive on.

I guess he's gonna have to start eating Puppy Chow instead of Filet Mignon - I feel bad for the little bugger - don't you?

Moreso, I bet that Leona is spinning in her grave right now as all of the glorious money has been diverted from a dog to perhaps helping humanity - and more than likely helping "the little people" that pay taxes!

Spin Leona Spin!!!

3 comments:

The Big Finn said...

I'd bet that the inside of her coffin is totally smeared with lipstick right about now.

Hopefully King will take a dirt nap before I do so that the world doesn't have a repeat of this fiasco...not that we have $12 million to leave him. So don't get any ideas, King!

Pete said...

bitch

David said...

puppy chow helps a dog live a longer, happier life