Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Jury Duty

I can't believe that I have Jury Duty AGAIN! I was just looking and the last time I was called was 3 years ago.

I can't believe that they have gone through ALL of the available jurors in the city of Chicago and they've started to repeat the list....but alas I am going to Jury Duty tomorrow.

I got my summons about a month ago, and fortunately it said that I was an "alternate" and I was to call the day prior to my service to see if I was needed.

This afternoon I called, punched in a few numbers and the recording said "If your last name starts with any letter between C and N then you are required to show up for Jury Duty."

Crap....Crap.....Crap!!!!!!!

This is Cook County Jury Duty - fortunately it's downtown and not on the far south side or out in the burbs, so it will be easy to get to. I'm actually sort of excited, because I get to take the bus to work tomorrow and enjoy downtown during the business day. I never get to do that!!!!

So even though it's going to be a crappy day, it's gonna be fun because I'll be downtown.

Anyone near Daley Plaza...maybe we could meet up for lunch!

4 comments:

Mr. Urs said...

OMG, is it already Judgment day?

Steve Kells said...

so you're actually going to jury duty?! lmao.....we need more people like you in the world.

ive received dozens of jury duty notices....haven't gone to one of em.

Rob7534 said...

We're all guilty of something at some point, so let em all FRY!

And yes, I'd LOVE some coffee! Let me know.

Anonymous said...

So were you called to serve on a case? Maybe you were called again so quickly because people, like the reply above, ignore the summons and the city only has a small pool to work with – lol.

I was called as an alternate three years ago at the 26th & California courthouse. I wasn’t called to actually serve on a case, but didn’t mind the inconvenience of wasting a day since I loathed the job/boss I had at the time.

Did you at enjoy the day downtown? I no longer work in the city as well and recently had to go downtown to renew my state i.d. I realized how much I missed downtown and all the bustling people. I would probably quickly grow tired of the crowds if I was still worked down there, but it was much fun to people watch for one afternoon.