Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Welcome to my living hell!

It was the best of times....it was the worst of times.

It was the best of times for my roommate, that's for sure. He has been so excited and been looking forward to September for as long as I can remember. All he kept saying was "September" over and over again, almost like a chant. I really didn't know what was so exciting about September, but hey I figure we've all got our own demons and September was his.

On Sunday I found out why he was so excited.....The Bears were playing, no not the shirtless overweight hairy guys that meet once a month to rub up against each other....The Bears as in the Chicago Bears....football.....did I lose you? You know, that game where they wear the big shoulder pads and tight pants and chase a little ball around.....ok, you're back on course.

I asked him, "Oh is this like a Preliminary Game" (trying to sound like I knew what I was talking about, and he said "Hell no, this is the first game of the season."

Football...already?!? Where did summer go? How did I miss it. He went onto explain that College Football was just getting started as well, and that's what he was really waiting for. On top of that is the fact that Major League Baseball is still going on every day of the week until the Super Series in October.

OMG - you know what that means? That means it's going to be sports sports sports all the time in the house for the next month. I guess I"m not going to be watching too much TV am I? It's times like this that I regret getting rid of cable. Well this and when you're sick from work and there's nothing but Court TV programs on...but that's the only time I regret getting rid of cable.

I guess I've got to load up my Netflix Queue with some Hitchcocks, Joan Crawfords and Rodgers & Hammerstein Musicals to tide me over until this month is over.

It was the best of times.....it was the worst of times.....

No comments: