Tuesday, September 06, 2005

The New Celery Diet

I received an email today of "weird and unknown facts" this was #24 on the list:

Celery has negative calories. It takes more calories to eat a piece of celery than the celery has in it to begin with.

Starting tomorrow all I'm eating is Celery, I'll be thin by Christmas!

Thank you to everyone who posted a comment about the passing of my Grandmother, I am doing well, trying to continue on and live everyday to it's fullest (I think that's all any of us can do). Thank you for taking the time to leave a note, I shared them with my Mother she was astonished.

I hope that everyone had a great weekend and had a chance to relax and enjoy it.

We had a pretty busy weekend, Saturday night we went to Sam's Club (to pick up my new glasses, which I might add look pretty good considering that I picked them out all by myself.) and the Grocery Store, then in the evening The Boyfriend and his Roommate had a little cocktail party.

Sunday we went downtown to Navy Pier which is a HUGE tourist trap, but there was an outdoor Art Exhibit that I wanted to see. The exhibit was pretty lame but fortunately the day was saved. Navy Pier has a large collection of Stained Glass on display everything from Tiffany to Church Windows, etc. We spent about an hour looking through that, very interesting. I took a lot of pictures and they turned out great so I'll post them later.

We walked back towards Water Tower Place and had a nice dinner at RL (which stands for Ralph Lauren.) We sat outside on the sidewalk cafe and had a very enjoyable dinner. The food was good, the prices were expensive, but the server sucked. We were not dressed for "fancy" dinner but then we said, it's on Michigan Avenue they've got to expect tourists. Well I guess the Server decided we were tourists because he treated us as such, to the point that when we were leaving he came over and grabbed the check folder and opened it (in front of me) to see how much of a tip I had left him....rude boy!

Yesterday we went to The Boyfriends Mother's house to install some landscape lighting in her back yard. We actually worked together very well, we didn't yell or curse at each other and no one ended up crying in the car on the way home. The only bad thing about the day was we had gone for Mani's/Pedi's (I know we're so gay) on Sunday so The Boyfriend ruined his because he was digging in the dirt.

We went to some friends last evening for a "final summer" cookout where we ate, drank and "smoked" way too much.

I promise I'll post more this week!

1 comment:

Kat said...

Always wear gloves when working in the garden! lol. I hope you didn't leave the rude waiter a good tip. I start at 15% and it gets lower everytime they piss me off. I'm a terrible tipper! But I add some if they go out of their way for us.