Monday, September 12, 2005

The Weekend Update

I hope that everyone had a great weekend, it was beautiful weather here in the Midwest so we decided to take advantage of it as much as possible. I know who wants another "weekend update" but there are some interesting links to follow.

Friday evening we went out to our favorite bar Big Chicks to meet up with some friends and start the weekend out right.

Saturday morning we slept in, a rarity these days. Although sleeping in for me is 7:30 and 10:30 for The Boyfriend (no not really it was only 9:30).

We went shopping at Target and I bought a whole bunch of DVD’s. If you’d like to see the movies I own check out this link. One of the things I got was LOST, so we’ve been having a mini marathon. I’m only up to Episode 10 so I’ve only got 9 more hours of watching, as it’s going right now I’ll need to call in sick tomorrow just so I can stay home and be caught up by Wednesday evening. I can’t believe that I’m spending so much time watching this series, but it is truly riveting.

Saturday evening we went to see The Aristrocrats. no, not the animated Disney feature with all of those cute kitties. It’s a documentary of the telling of the joke “The Aristocrats”, there were more than 70 comedians from Phyllis Diller to Bob Saget to George Carlin all telling their version of the joke (well Phyllis didn’t tell a version but she was funny anyway).

We went with our friends A&T but they wanted to go see Red-Eye which I thought was really odd because they’re not the type of people who enjoy scary movies, but they were insistent that that’s what they wanted to see. About 5 minutes after the Aristocrats started, who walks into the auditorium but A&T. The theater was full so they ended up sitting in the front row (hey at least it wasn’t a tennis match or an action flick) so we didn’t find out until the end of the show what happened.

They went to the auditorium, got comfortable and started reading the “on screen” trivia that plays before the movie starts…. one of the questions was about the new Jodie Foster movie Flightplan, it was at that moment they realized they were in the wrong movie and the one they wanted to see didn’t come out for 2 more weeks. So they canned that and came over to watch the Aristocrats.

Sunday was fairly busy as we had to be downtown Chicago by 11:00 for our entrance to the Toulouse-Lautrec exhibit at the Art Institute. We spent about an hour going through the exhibit and then about 2 more going through the museum, it was nice to have some culture for a change, it’s too bad the general public was there. I’m always so surprised at how rude people are, just walking right in front of you and stopping to look at the same thing you are. I understand that when there are 500 people walking through the exhibit at the same time there’s going to be some of that going on, but I always tried to be careful of where I stood so that I wasn’t blocking people.

We met up with our friend Tr and did some shopping at the Virgin Megastore where they were having a $10 sale. I ended up getting 3 movies and 5 CD’s (like I need any more). We were so bushed by then that we went home and crashed.

I watched some more Lost and went to bed early to get ready for a wonderful Monday morning.
I hope that you had a great weekend!

1 comment:

Rob7534 said...

La Dolce Vita :)

The sweet life.