Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I'd rather an inch worm

Than an itch mite!

This mornings lead news story was an outbreak of Itch Mites in the Chicagoland area, several hundred people have already been infected with these nasty little buggers.

The media is doing a great job of keeping these Itch Mites undercover and not revealing what they REALLY are - SCABIES!!!!

Have you ever had scabies? I did, about 20 years ago, I went to several doctors who had no idea what was going on, as I had these terrible itchy, oozy welts and sores all over my hands, in between my fingers and just causing general havoc, it was terrible.

Finally, I went to a local health clinic and the doctor looked at me and said "Oh you've got scabies" Fortunately it was able to be cleared up in about a week after that with some lotion and a round of antibiotics.

I never want to get scabies again, so I'm going to wrap myself in saran wrap until this "Itch Mite" scare is over!

4 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Uggggh! While I've never actually had scabies myself, somebody in my family did have them at one point and we all had to be treated for them. It was vile and I was painted from top to toe in that horrible ointment and it stung in the precious places.

I'll never forgive the scabies sufferer for it!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, me too, I've had them and they are horrid. It certainly taught me a thing or two about inspecting boys before jumping into bed with them!!

I cant believe the media are calling them itch-mites, people just cant handle the truth!

The Sour Kraut said...

C'mon Michael, it's really just an excuse to wrap yourself in Saran Wrap isn't it?

Michael Lehet said...

TSK - Shhhh....that was supposed to be a secret.