Monday, November 05, 2007

What is my obligation?

I have a web voicemail only account with NetZero (www.privatephone.com) check it out, it's free.

I only have this number posted a few places - my business website, my flickr card.

So whenever I get an email telling me I have a message I know that it's probably not for me.

Today I got new voicemail from a doctor's office calling to reschedule an appointment.

So I wonder, what's my obligation? Do I call the doctor's office back and tell them they have the wrong number or do I just ignore it?

5 comments:

Jelly said...

I think your obligation is to call the doctor's office and tell them your cat's name. Orrrrr maybe you can just tell me! Did you end up picking one someone suggested?

Mr. Urs said...

I switched of all voice mails. I don't like receiving calls and I loath listening to voice mail messages. There are text message and email. That's quite sufficient.

The Sour Kraut said...

Ignore it.

Anonymous said...

No obligation at all, they called you by mistake.

However, as random acts of kindness go, its not a bad one. After all, the patient who is otherwise going to be attending at the wrong time may never find out, but if they did they would surely thank you.

The Sour Kraut said...

I change my answer. I thought it was a reminder of an appt., not a rescheduling. Call them to tell them.

Next time I'll read more carefully.