Wednesday, January 30, 2008

So cold......

It's so cold here, we were having a perfectly good winter with a 12+ day run of temps below freezing and then this past weekend it got all the way up to 48 degrees, just ruined the whole winter for me. I would much rather the temperature stay below zero the entire winter instead of flucuating up and down every other day. It just complicates life too much when you don't know what to wear or how cold it's going to get.

When I got home from work yesterday around 5:00 it was 46 degrees and raining - when I went to bed around 9:30 it was 4 degrees (yes that's a 42 degree drop)with the wind howling and snow blowing everywhere.

This morning it was -2. It is so cold that when I walked outside my nose hairs froze and frost accumulated on my moustache. It's so cold that your teeth hurt like when you bite into an ice cream cone in the middle of summer, your lungs burn with the first inhalation. And worse than that, my testicles have suddenly turned into a necklace, hopefully they'll return to normal soon. I look like Peter Griffin from "Family Guy"

When I got to my car, it was practically cleared of snow, I thought some good samaratin had cleaned it off for me since I hadn't driven it in a few days. It was only as I got closer that I realized it was the wind that had completely cleared off my car for me. I started Sassy and grabbed my windshield scraper and braced myself for the next few minutes I would have to be outside to scrape the ice off of my windows. Fortunately it was just a little crusty and not like an inch of ice/snow. The first pass of the scraper did nothing....no ice came off....so I did it again, and was again surprised that it was empty....but my windshield was covered in ice. WTF?

Here's a little video to show you what was going on.



Do you realize how hard it is to use your 2 foot scraper on the inside of your car? Really, do you?

DAMN IT'S COLD!!!!!

4 comments:

Antipodeesse said...

Darlin', my thoughts are with your testicles at this difficult time.

Mr. Urs said...

Is that a sheep at the end of the video? Are you allowed to take animals to work?

Andrea Knapp said...

*cancels flight*

Anonymous said...

Testicles like a necklace?