Wednesday, March 30, 2005

How To Ruin an Appetite

Well this is my second time writing this, as when I went to publish it I got an error!

My mistake, I was thinking last week that I need to start writing outside of the blog software and then copying and pasting it. I guess I learned my lesson.

So today was a beautiful day, it’s been such a bleary bleak winter that we’re all excited about a 70 degree day.

Typically, my co-worker and I go home for lunch, we live across the street from each other about 2 miles from the office, so it’s really easy to go home. But today, he says, “Let’s find someplace to eat outside.”

The problem is, it’s not quite outside eating weather yet, so none of the places have their tables, etc. set up. We were on our way to one place we thought would have outdoor tables set up, when we passed a restaurant that we said we would never go to again, that had their outdoor tables set up.

We looked at each other and said, “Ok, we’ll give it another chance.” So we sit down and wait….and wait, and were almost ready to leave when the owner of the restaurant runs out, looks at us and says “are you ready to order.” We don’t even have menus yet.

So he grabs menus and hands them to us and literally after handing them to us, says “have you decided yet?” HELLO!!!!

But as I look up at him in disbelief, my eyes are drawn to the corners (yes that’s plural) of his mouth. He has this white foamy gunk in the corners of his mouth. Now I admit, we’ve all been there, but this was almost like toothpaste consistency foam, the kind of foam I imagine one would have if they had rabies, there was a lot of gunk up in there.
Needless to say, that’s a great way to ruin your appetite.

No comments: