Thursday, March 24, 2005

If you can't open cheese

I opened a package of cheese today, well I don't think that I can really call it cheese, I think the politically correct phrase is processed cheese.

I love opening a new package of processed american cheese slices. They're all nicely individually wrapped, they're all organized, you pull the string and the one side comes completely off, but you've still got a nice little container to hold everything. It's just a great packaging deal!, pus it's they're yellow.

As I'm pulling out the first slice of cheese, sorry processed cheese, I notice that on the little flap where you open the individuald slice, there's inkjet lettering. First I didn't pay any attention to it, and then I realized that it was the word "Open" written both ways, and arrows pointing in the direction of the flap.

So WHEN did we become a society that requires a company to print on a slice of cheese how to open it?

I mean, yes, they are a little tricky. I admit, that sometimes I have a difficult time finding the correct side to open. But that's usually because it's sealed so well. But come on, if you don't find it on the first try, what do you do?

You turn it over?

If it's not on the side you're trying to open, guess what, it's on the other side!

But you know what, someone probably called the processed cheese maker and told them they couldn't open the package and eventually suffered from malnutrition because of it, and so they sued the manufacturer. I can just imagine someone sitting there staring and staring at a slice of cheese and wondering "how the hell am I going to open this thing?"

2 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

Doesn't it just drive you mad that there are people out there in the world that think they are making it easier for everyone else but really, all we are thinking is "You are an idiot". Labels on processed cheese. That just about says it all....

I agree with you 100%

Michael Lehet said...

You've said it : -)