Tuesday, March 22, 2005

It's over

WHAT? What's over? Your relationship?

No, not my relationship, but then you're reading this from the top down, not from the bottom up, so you have no idea that I'm in a relationship.

But I figure that if I'm doing this, I should do it right....who knows what's going to happen in the future.

So, on to what's actually over. My movie is over.

I've been dabbling in movies over the last few years, it's been fun, so last year about this time I was talking about going home to PA in the summer, and two of my friends said they'd like to go with me.

I grew up WAY out in the country...way out. So after they knew this, they still wanted to go, so I said, you know what....let's make a movie.

So we came up with this big story line, characters, involved my parents...and we filmed this thing when we went out there.

I worked on it for about 4 months and then set it to the side for a little bit, so that I could refocus on it...but the problem was, I didn't want to get back to it.

I had edited it down to about 45 minutes, I have everything finished except the very beginning 60 seconds and the last 10 minutes or so, and the last time I really worked on it was more than 5 months ago.

So I came to the realization today, it's over!

I'm not sad, I'm a little disappointed that I didn't complete it. But it was a grand idea, and I learned A LOT from it. And thinking about it, that was my goal wasn't it? To learn, I learned a lot, learned how to do things, how not to do things, how to get shots that I wanted so I could edit.

So I'm happy that it's over, it's no longer sitting out there just waiting and waiting, it's closed now. Now I have the chance to move onto something new. But this time I've got a whole lot of experience to go along with it.

No comments: