Friday, February 10, 2006

Shall We Play A Game?

this is an audio post - click to play



It's time to play a game, dontcha think?

And this is an easy one that you all can play along with, here are the rules:

1. Grab the nearest book
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences (#5,6,7) on your blog, along with these instructions.
5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it. Just grab what is closest. No cheating.

Large numbers of troops were quartered in vacatn buildings many of the finest mansion. ("Oh, the houses of New York, if you coudl see the insides of them!" grieved another resident.) King's College, west of the Commons, one of the largest, handsomest buildings in town, had been taken over as an army hospital, once the library books were removed, lest the soliders burn them for fuel.

1776 - David McCullough

4 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Oh, I'm afraid to do this meme because honestly the book closest to me is actually one of the books of the moment.

I don't want to come across as a pretentious arse!

Xmichra said...

i have a book quote up. and it is from the book i have on my desk, even if it is a good book!

And what the heck?/ Show Mein bling bling bling is all i hear!!

clew said...

I know it says to do this on MY blog but I had to share with you, you'll laugh ... My book is a construction terminology dictionary.

cockle stair - a spiral staircase.
cockloft - an upper attic or loft.
cockscomb - Serrated piece of metal used to scratch plaster and create a rough gripping surface.

... cockloft ... oh my!

Michael Lehet said...

That's GREAT CLEW!!!!

I love it!

Who know you had a book full of cocks!