Monday, October 01, 2007

7 years

It was 7 years ago yesterday that I moved to Chicago.

It was 7 years ago yesterday that I packed up the UHaul in Atlanta with my best friend Lee and drove 18 hours straight to get to Chicago.

It was 7 years ago yesterday that I drove into the city for the first time as an actual resident.

It was 7 years ago yesterday that I drove into the city for the first time and realized that you can't take big vehicles on Lake Shore Drive and ended up having to drive through the hell hole that is Chicago with a 20 foot U-Haul Truck towing a Ford Ranger Pickup Truck on a dolly and hoping to god that I would fit under the CTA Track because there was no way in this motherfucking planet that I was going to be able to back that thing up!

It was 7 years ago yesterday that I walked to the Lake for the first of many walks.

It was 7 years ago yesterday that I was starting a new chapter of my life.

All I can say is "Wow, what a great chapter so far!"

4 comments:

The Big Finn said...

It was 7 years ago this Friday that I moved from Chicago to Basel. You arrived, and I made room for you.

I guess that's how things work.

Andrea Knapp said...

What a great 7 years! Imagine what the next 7 years holds!

CanadianSwiss said...

It sure doesn't sound like a seven year itch to me ;) Happy Moveaversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Wow...Sean and I moved to chicago from Atlanta only a few months ago! We love it thus far.