Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Broadway in Chicago

I just got my tickets for the upcoming Broadway in Chicago Series. Every year they have a different corporate sponsor and this year it just happens to be Walgreens?!? Walgreens is interested in culture? I had no idea!



There are some good shows this year, I'm actually excited about seeing almost all of them.



Dirty Dancing - not so much, the movie was ok when I was a teenager and sorta thought Patrick Swayze was hot. But hey, it's making it's US Debut in Chicago - so that's pretty cool!

My Fair Lady - what young gay boy doesn't dream of being Eliza Doolittle with her little cockney accent and dirty dress? Could I have some more sir? Oh wait, that's Oliver, oops.

The Drowsy Chaperone - this was huge on Broadway, didn't get a chance to see it last year when I was in NYC, so excited to see it on tour.

Sweeney Todd - Over the last few years I've grown to enjoy this show more than I have in the past, although I'll be a little sad that Angela Lansbury nor Patti Lupone will be starring in this production. But hey pussys in a pie, that can't be all bad can it?

Avenue Q - OMG, saw this in Vegas two years ago, what a fucking fantastic show. I can't wait to see it again!

Overall, looks like a great lineup and I can't wait to go!!! I've got two tickets, someone want to go with me?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We all should get together and go see some shows. Have you seen Wicked or Jersey Boys yet?

Andrea Knapp said...

I was thinking about going to see the Drowsy Chaperone too!