Friday, October 26, 2007

Dang Nab It! I've been tagged

The ever gracious and fabulous Andy tagged me with a meme! UGH, I never do these but I feel obligated since I actually read through his entire post and saw my name there...ah the shame of not doing it if called upon to do so.


Ok, so here goes it.....


Here’s what you need to do :


A. Upon receiving this tag, immediately perform a screen capture of your desktop. It is best that no icons be deleted before the screen capture so as to add to the element of fun.
You can do a screen capture by going to your desktop and pressing the Print Scrn key (located on the right side of the F12 key). For Macs, press shift-option-3 then look for the .png file on your desktop. Open a graphics program (like Picture Manager, Paint, or Photoshop) and do a Paste (CTRL + V). If you wish, you can “edit” the image, before saving it.

B. Post the picture in your blog. You can also give a short explanation on the look of your desktop just below it if you want. You can explain why you preferred such look or why is it full of icons. Things like that.

C. Tag five of your friends and ask them to give you a Free View of their desktop as well.

D. Add your name to the list of Free Viewers below with a link pointing directly to your Desktop Free View post to promote it to succeeding participants.

The list of Free Viewers so far is:
iRonnie - I Set No Corner
Thess- Thesserie
Rebecca - Skippy Heart
Knoizki - A Dialogue With K
Beng- Kauderwelch
Tina - My Good Finds
Rachel - Heart of Rachel
Alice - Hello, My Name Is Alice
Julia - Julia’s Books Corner!
Darla- Nichtszusagen
Marg - Reading Adventures
Holly - What Were you Expecting?
Ames - Thrifty Reader
Dev - Good Reads
Rosie - Nobody asked me…
Gabrielle - Diary of an Adult Runaway
Jo- Chez le laquet!
Ms Mac - Ms Mac
Andy- andy.2boyz.co.uk

Michael - Are you sure you want to know?



Yes, that IS my desktop...well my work desktop that is. As my home computer is in the throes of being restored to factory settings it is remarkably clean.

Yes, I know my desktop is full, but I have a habit of putting new/commonly used files on my desktop to work on and then deleting when I'm done with them, it makes it much easier to find stuff, believe me you! That row on the right has to be kept away from the other ones because they end up fighting too much.

So who do I tag? If you read this far, consider yourself tagged. And if you haven't read this far, consider yourself tagged, so either way you have to do it now!

5 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Snap! We have the same Olive colour for Windows!

Great taste thinks alike.

Unknown said...

Dear Micheal,
Sorry to do this here, couldn't find an email address for you.

My name is Shannon Heffernan. I'm the online community manager at Vocalo.org, a new radio station. I was excited to find your blog. I liked the cat naming contest. I think your work would make great radio material on Vocalo and hope you will consider posting some of it to air. Also would to love to hear post from the "loopy fruit podcast"

In case you haven't already heard about Vocalo, I'd like to give you a bit of background. Vocalo.org was started by Chicago Public Radio WBEZ. We are creating a new kind of radio that is more integrated with the web community. Users can post content (written, audio, or video) on our website. We then use this content on air, playing the audio and recording written content. We air in Northwest Indiana at 89.5, and will soon complete a 50 watt tower that will allow us to expand to Chicago. We expect an even large listener and user base with the new tower and would like you to become an established participant before that point. Press links are below this email.

Bloggers who have used our site note its ability to increase traffic to their blog. If you upload a piece, you can include a tag at the end of the beginning saying where listeners can find your blog. This will lead a previously untapped audience to your site. You can also create a page on the website that will link out to your blog. Every time your content is played, it will automatically link to this page.

We not only want to create a new community online, we also want to enrich the community that is already present. We hope that a presence on Vocalo.org will help bloggers and journalist to find and reference each other more often. We welcome content on the site that is already posted on your blog.

In addition, we often invite our favorite users to co-host on the show, especially if their posts are relevant to a topic we are covering. For bloggers who have an interest in radio, we hope to become a way for you to become proficient in the audio medium.

I am really interested in having you as part of our site. If you decide you want to record your post (not required) and need some help or just want someone to walk you through the site, don't hesitate to call me at 312-893-2956 or email me at shannon@vocalo.com.

Shannon Heffernan

Chicago Sun Times: (http://www.suntimes.com/technology/guy/552386,CST-FIN-eCol12.article)

Beep
http://www.beepcentral.com/story.aspx?story=18568) .

Stop Smiling
http://stopsmilingonline.com/wordpress/?p=224

Anonymous said...

OMG how can you find anything????

I'd hate to see the inside of your sock drawer ;-)

Michael Lehet said...

Andi - My sock and undie drawer is quite organized!

You know you can't have the two touching each other!

Anonymous said...

lol..that's a lot of desktop icons. What does your home computer look like? hehe