Monday, March 10, 2008

I am so YAZ'ed

I am so excited, YAZ is coming to town - what you don't know who Yaz is? Oh don't worry, neither do I, but I bet you know their music. I bet you know them individually as well.

YAZ was a combo of Alison Moyet and Vince Clarke....Vince Clarke of Erasure...you know them, right?

Anywho, you can read all about them HERE

Regardless, YAZ is coming to town and I'm going to see them. They're playing at the Fabulous Chicago Theater - which is an amazing place to see a concert (I saw Alicia Keys there a few years ago - Fab-u). I got some great seats, Third Row - Loge - Center.

So the concert is July 14th which gives me plenty of time to get re-acquainted with their music.

So hey, if you're in town, let me know I've got an extra ticket!

8 comments:

Ms Mac said...

Yerr! I used to love Yazoo, as we Brit Kids used to call them.

Pahh! I'm so fed up of living so far away...

Anonymous said...

As Ms.Mac says they were known as Yazoo over here, I liked them too, I was just getting into music when they were around.

Michael, "only you" could be in the "situation" of having another ticket and being in "nobodies diary" whatever you do, don't "don't go!" :-)

The Big Finn said...

DAMMIT! We'll be in Chicago two weeks after the concert. I agree - the Chicago Theater is a great place to see a concert. I saw Neil Young there about 15 years ago. Wow! Has it been that long?

I remember Yaz being really popular when I was in college, and I was kind of surprised to see on your link that Upstairs At Eric's barely cracked the Top 100 in the U.S. I thought they were more popular than that in the U.S.

Mickle in NZ said...

I'm jealous. Alison Moyet has such a beautiful, rich voice. And she has real curves like we women should have. NZ is too damn far away.

Is this Yaz without the oo

Jelly said...

Oh I would looooooovvvvveeee to go! I should be back in Toronto in July -- that's not TOO far from Chicago. Hmmmmm!

I just saw a video on another blog not too long ago of an Alison Moyet song and Dawn French was in it being funny. I have to find that and watch it again.

BTW - did I ever thank you for sending my the Little Britain link? They recently started playing that show on BBC Entertainment and I love it - but you were the 1st to show me. Thanks!!

Ms Mac said...

Andy is such a Yazoo geek!

Anonymous said...

Dang! I heard they were coming on tour but alas no stop in the sleepy burg of DC. Almost makes me want to plan a trip to see them.

Karen said...

Oh man, I remember Yaz! I also remember buying tickets for a Erasure show in Montreal back in '90. It was cancelled, I was sad. Have fun this time around!!