Thursday, March 20, 2008

Wear A Sweater

Not because it's cold out but in celebration of Mr. Rogers Neighborhood!

Mr. Rogers Neighborhood went on the air in 1968 - a whole year before I was born, and I remember watching him as a young girl growing up in PA. Even though I lived in the country and had no neighbors of which to speak (our closest neighbor that had kids my age was at least a mile away) I still enjoyed watching Mr. Rogers every day and learning about his magical neighborhood.

Today, March 20th, would have been his 80th Birthday. To celebrate the city of Pittsburgh (where he was from and filmed MRN) along with his production company are celebrating his birthday by encouraging everyone to Wear A Sweater, since that was his signature brand on the show and one of the first things he did at the beginning of the show.

So if you didn't put a sweater on this morning, go home and put one on.

And if you have no idea who Mr. Rogers is, then please ignore this post.

And just so you don't feel like you read all the way to the end for nothing, Spring has Sprung, I hope you're ready for it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

NORTH CAROLINA for the WIN

Jelly said...

I didn't know it was "Wear a Sweater Day," and yet- I totally wore a sweater!! And I took off my outside shoes and put on my inside shoes, too! Mister Rogers would have been proud!

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful day in the neighborhood...

Lori said...

"Would you be mine, could you be mine, won't you be my neighbor? Won't you please, won't you be, please won't you be my neighbor?"

I loved Mr. Rogers, first as a child myself then watching him with my own kids. He was such a sweet, gentle man on that show.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find my sweater...

The Big Finn said...

Just sittin' here in Switzerland with nothing on...except for my sweater and a smile :) !