Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Approached

This past weekend my friend Gregory and I went to a local street festival to check out the boys and hopefully grab a bite to eat.....well we didn't do either, but we did go to the festival.

On the way home I stopped at the grocery store to pick up ingredients that I would need to make some ice cream that I had promised to make for a party I was going to later that evening.

As I was standing in the spice aisle looking for a vanilla bean, a girl walked up to me, looked at me and smiled and then said "Do you know so and so?" I looked at her and said, "Yes I do!"

Then she starts out "Didn't you make a video of the Taste of Chicago? I've seen your video it was fabulous, in fact a friend of mine used it in one of her film classes." I asked her if it had been used as an example of "Don't dare ever do this." But in fact it was used as an example of "live documenting" wow....a video of mine was used as an example.....now I'm scared!

We talked for a few more minutes and I told her that I had just been to a street festival, had filmed our trip there and was actually on my way home to make ice cream and to edit the footage. I got her email address and promised I would send her my YouTube channel (yeah I didn't have cards on me because I wasn't carrying my murse).

After she left I finally found the vanilla beans (none of that artifical stuff) and one single lone vanilla bean was $13.78.

Let's just say those bitches got Bryers instead of homemade stuff!

No, I still made the ice cream but I used that real fake vanilla stuff instead, it wasn't worth $14 for a single bean!

I got

1 comment:

Andrea Knapp said...

You get more famous daily!