Tuesday, August 08, 2006

In less than 48 Hours

I will once again be graced with the presence of That Ropey Old Bird from Ohio - Andi!

She's arriving on Thursday and then Friday afternoon we're getting in the car and driving up to Madison, WI to attend the DCI World Championships.

See, The Boyfriend twirls....well I mean yeah he's gay and all but he is an avid rifle tosser and that has nothing to do with tossing salad in case you were wondering. Seriously though, The Boyfriend has participated in Color Guard/Drum Corp activities since he's been a teenager and the big culmination to all of the events all of the competitions is this weekend in Madison - actually I think it started today. The Boyfriend has been particiapting in a Alumni Corp which is going to do a special presentation on Friday, when Andi and George were up in March she was talking with The Boyfriend and he mentioned all of this too her.....

So she's coming up and we're doing a ROAD TRIP!

So any suggestions for things to do in the car for 2 hours each way?

I'm pretty sure we'll have a video camera - so anyone want a shout out specificially? Let me know in the comments and we'll give you a shout out...... In fact we'll give a shout out to anyone if you want to drive them this way......could be fun.

7 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

Less than 48 hours? Oooh, it's coming fast!

Can't wait. It's going to be so much fun!

gammagoblin said...

Toss the rifle? I reckon you could do a lot of rifle tossing during a 2 hour car journey. You could take turns tossing each others rifles. Hmmm... reminds me of that wet biscuit competition I once had....

Nickle Annie said...

Oh me, me! Did I mention me? LOL! Have a fantastic time you two!

Tati said...

You guys are going to have an absolute blast, I just know it! :-)

CanadianSwiss said...

Can't wait to read the report. Have a wonderful time!

Xmichra said...

I totally want a shout out! Do ou have cows up that way?? Two hours thankfully isn't too long at all. Have a great trip! I am so jealous!

Kat said...

My daughter likes to play a game called "how much longer". Guarenteed to drive fellow car riders absolutely insane. ;)