Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Something's Coming


Oh my goodness, something truly exciting is coming.


No, it's not a new touring version of West Side Story - although I would love to see that. You know they should really bring back some of the good old musicals for tours, I would go see them. Like My Fair Lady and Brigadoon.


OMG - I have to tell you about this, when I was a freshman in High School, we did Brigadoon as our High School Musical (the world was not yet Disneyfied at that time - thank goodness) and we were authentic in our costumes - meaning the guys wore kilts.


Since I was only in 9th Grade I didn't have a "speaking" role - but I did have a solo in the opening number - I was Sandy and I sang some lyrics about enticing people over to my booth for some candy - heck I guess I as a pervert back then too huh?


I remember when we did our "review" for the school (now mind you there were only about 500 kids in 7th through 12th grades) and we were all so nervous about wearing kilts and getting laughed at....and when that curtain went up we all went out there with Gusto and gave it our all. Yeah some people laughed, I mean that's life right....but everyone was very receptive to our performance. I doubt that we got a standing ovation but I remember kids teasing me the next day for wearing a "skirt".


But the guys in the cast held our heads high and said that we were doing it for the Artistic Value and they could laugh if they wanted to, but who was up there on the stage, us or them?


Boy, I really got off track there didn't I?


So something exciting is happening at the end of this month, it's creeping up so quickly I can hardly contain myself.


As you may know, I've had the delicious opportunity to meet A Ropey Old Bird in real life many times and we always have a hoot when we're together. Well there's this bus service in the Midwest called MegaBus. Their big schtick is that you can get a bus ride for as little as$1.00 + .50 cent service fee to anywhere in the Midwest.


Well Andi and I have been joking since we met that we've got to try out this MegaBus thing.....so, in the pursuit of scientific advancement...I'm taking MegaBus from Chicago to Cleveland to visit Andilicious!


The ticket only cost me $15.50, can you believe that? To go all the way to Cleveland - now of course what that really doesn't tell you is that I leave Chicago at 3:30 in the afternoon and I don't get to Cleveland until 10:15 that evening, so what's 7 hours on a bus....oh shit, i just realized that all of my electronic devices batteries only last about 3 or 4 hours, what the hell am I going to do on a bus for 7 hours?


I'm sure I'll think of something.


Oh yeah, I'm flying home! I can only take so much excitement in one weekend.


6 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I can't believe you're actually getting on that bus! And without me! I would have entertained you for the entire trip. So much so that you may have wanted to strangle me even before we got out of Chicago!

CanadianSwiss said...

Have a great time! I'm sure you'll be able to entertain yourself. And you can always take a nap in between ;)

Michael Lehet said...

Ms. Mac - I have no doubt that you would! And I doubt that I'd strangle you....maybe put my hands over your mouth...but not strangle you.

CS - They do have an "overnight" bus, but then I thought - who in the world wants to sleep on a bus all night?

Andrea Knapp said...

and Michael, I will reciprocate and catch the Megabus to you (and fly home.....)

CANNOT wait to see you!

Michael Lehet said...

Andi - are you sure you want to commit to that without really knowing?

The Sour Kraut said...

My sister lives just outside of Cleveland and she recently took this bus for the first time. I think it worked out okay for her...and she has pretty high standards.