Monday, April 23, 2007

Being on Loopy Fruit

LINK

It's official, I've finally gone over the edge....I've taken that final step to self humiliation.

This past Friday night I met a couple of Podcasters - David & Raul of Loopy Fruit Audio Network at the local Dominck's Cafe. Now this isn't a fancy cafe mind you with candles on the tables that are topped with starched white linens. No, it's not like that at all. The Cafe I'm talking about is the one where there the few little "bistro" tables that are separating the deli from the pharmacy haven't been sanitized since last Thursday and you're afraid to even sit down at. Honestly, there's no better place to hang out on a Friday night....and no better place than to record a Loopy Fruit Show.

After dusting off the table (note to self, take wet naps next time) I sat for a few minutes because I didn't want to lose the table....yeah right. A few more minutes went by, I guess the boys were running a little late. But then I started to get nervous thinking that I had the wrong time written down, then more minutes that passed, and the more nervous I became. I had convinced myself that they weren't going to show. I now know how anxious the fat girl is on prom night when she's all dressed up and waiting for her date, only to find out that he only asked her on a dare and he's actually going with the hottest girl in school. Just as I was finishing up that scenario, David called and said they were enroute. Thank Goodness he caught me, I was 15 seconds away from popping a Xanex so I wouldn't have a full blown melt down in the bakery department

After a few minutes of set up and hopping to the Starbucks and the Deli for drinks, we donned our headphones and started talking. I asked the boys if they did any warmups before the show, like yoga or something....I didn't know, it was my first podcast. I know what I do when I'm getting ready to create a post, but I have no idea how those podcast people get ready. Well let's just say they jump right in and before I knew it things were just going right along.

So from this point forward you'll have to LISTEN to find out what happens.

During the show I promised a copy of my Granola Recipe, you can find it HERE

I must share with you folks that I had the best time during the show, I hope that it comes across. David & Raul are so wonderful to work and I'm so glad they gave me the opportunity to be on their Amazing Show.

5 comments:

Andrea Knapp said...

Michael: "No, I saw it first time round"..

Fruity Loop: "Oh" *disappointment all around*


Priceless

Michael Lehet said...

I'm so glad that I could entertain.

Xmichra said...

lol.. i was going to quote the same thing as the funnies thing. hehe ;)

That and the "...you can edit this out right?? " hehe.. you are so cute!

The Sour Kraut said...

I love (and have stolen) Whole Paycheck Foods. No kidding.

You were great. I love all the laughter. And the people watching.

Anonymous said...

It was our honor and pleasure to have you on the show!