Friday, April 06, 2007

Changes

It's Good Friday, I hope that everyone is having a good Friday.

It's hard to believe that it is our first "official" paid holiday of the year.

We made it through winter, that last paid holiday at New Year's seems months away.

So much is happening so quickly. The grass is turning greener by the day. Flowers are poking their heads up out of the ground, the trees are starting to bud.....and suddenly....

Global Warming strikes and it's suddenly 32 degrees again and you've got to start wearing your winter coat again, with gloves.....and your ear muffs!

The only thing getting me through this difficult time are the herbs that I'm starting in my little plastic greenhouse! Since I'm living in a place that has a HUGE covered deck, I'm going to grow some Herbs this summer.

No, not those kind of herbs.....although I did have a friend grow on e of those one time....I never heard what came of it....if I know my friend it probably ended up in the trash because once he realized how much work it is to harvest that he just gave up...LOL!

Seriously though, I'm growing Basil, Oregano, Rosemary (I want to make a topiary but I doubt that's gonna happen so Fuck Martha Stewart), chives, peppermint, cilantro and a tomato plant!

The only thing getting me through this spring is the thought of fresh pesto tossed with angel hair and fresh salsa from the garden....oh crap, I need to go plant some onions!

I hope that you're enjoying your Friday and that it's a Good Friday.

3 comments:

CanadianSwiss said...

That's great, Michael. There's nothing like fresh herbs to cook with. It's much cheaper, little work and you know that you don't have tons of pesticides on them. Have fun!

Mr. Urs said...

The place I have to go in India has this lovely campus style garden with loads of topiaries. I best like the peacocks. I would like to show it to Toño, but it's a defence industry area and I risk years of prison if I do. So much beauty and I can't share it.

The Big Finn said...

Way to go with the herb garden. We've grown herbs for years (including the "other" kind...I'll tell you about it someday). I can't imagine a summer without homemade pesto.