Sunday, May 13, 2007

And you thought Paris Hilton was a photo whore?

My image editing software tells me how many pictures I have on my computer....you'll never guess how many?

35,021 total pictures

Here's the breakdown, by year:
1998 - 10
1999 - 5
2000 - 26
2001 - 25
2002 - 88
2003 - 5303
2004 - 2532
2005 - 10,776
2006 - 9250
2007 ytd - 7459

I got my first digital camera in 1998, it was a Sony Mavica - you know the one with the 3.5" floppy disk, it was bigger than a brick and such a bitch to carry around, but hey, you could take your picture and put it right in your computer. How much more instant satisfaction could you get?

Basically it sucked and I never used it.

In 2003 I got my first digital camera, as part of a Digital Camcorder, it was just a few months later that I realized I liked taking pictures more than I did video and bought my first Olympus the metal clad Stylus 300. As Andi would say "I heart that camera"

Earlier this year, after my Stylus was getting on it's last legs, I knew that I would have to soon consider buying a new camera, so I started testing.

I went through 3 different cameras before I found the one I wanted, I tried Olympus again - didn't like the pictures, I tried a Kodak with a 12x zoom - I lurved it, but it was way to big to fit in my pocket, so I finally found the Sony, which I love, it has some great features and takes fabulous pictures.

Oh yeah and I bought a "big" camera, a DSLR, as well an Olympus E-500 - which I am totally totally in love with.

So if this year keeps on the same track as I've gone so far, I may surpass 20,000 pictures this year!

How many pictures do you have on your computer?

6 comments:

Bigezbear said...

Gawd, I have 121,471!

Andrea Knapp said...

I only have a measly 32,576


and I thought I took a lot!

gammagoblin said...

You got one of those crappy Mavica's! I got suckered in by the floppy disk thing too. I had the one with the 10x optical zoom though which was very good but the resolution was so poor it made it pointless. Man, it was awful!

Hey would you mind throwing a quick eye to my most recent blog post, I'd love to know what you think :)

Anonymous said...

WOW - please tell me you have a backup of your digital library.

Anonymous said...

43,457 (about 10.1 GB). I keep a backup on an external hard drive...just in case!

The Sour Kraut said...

About 5000 of our puppy alone.

I think I have the 12X Kodak you're referring to.

Someday, I'll splurg on a digital SLR. I'm green with envy.