Thursday, February 15, 2007

Babel should have been Babble

Happy Day After Valentine's Day!




I hope that you and your loved ones had a fabulous day and that all of your Champagne Dreams and Caviar Wishes came true!



We had a fabulous VDay, we went to see Babel with our friend Art who was Stag for the big day!

Uhm.....Not so much!

I don't see what all the hype is about, the movie was good - it wasn't "great" though, or at least that's what 2/3rds of us felt (The Boyfriend disagreed with us). The story was interesting (I'm not going to go into it here - it's too complicated), the cinematography was beautiful. Some of the most stark scenes were the most amazing. But I don't feel as though the acting by Cate Blanchett or Brad Pitt were astounding.....I think the other actors were much better, i.e. The Nanny, The Moroccan Children, etc.

Does it deserve an Oscar this year? Not according to me

3 comments:

Ms Mac said...

I hope the academy's taking note.

I love Cate Blanchett, after Kate Winslett, she's my favourite. I want to be best friends with both of them.

Michael Lehet said...

I think that Kate Winslett would be easier to make friends with. Cate comes off as a hoity-toity.

Anonymous said...

Tracking Kim Kardashian's celebrity Twitter, celebrity tweets and celebrity Twitpics real-time on Twitter. [url=http://kimkardashiantapes.net/]Kim Kardashian Sextape Videos[/url] Kim Kardashian Too Famous For Own Reality Show - The Hollywood Gossip · Kim Kardashian Photos Kim Kardashian: ShoeDazzle - Business Opportunities Weblog
also:
[url=http://www.tresclub.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=discussions;action=display;num=1276333827;start=0#0]Sextape Of Kim Kardashian[/url]
[url=http://www.mylegalright.com/democrat_news/morning-open-thread-53/comment-page-1/democrat_news/morning-open-thread-53/]Kim Kardashian Sex Tape Free[/url]