Wednesday, May 07, 2008

1978


1978
Originally uploaded by Michael_L
Gotta get something happy up here.

Today I got a box from my Mom...that can only mean one thing....Treats From PA!

Included in the box were Middleswarth Potato Chips (Plain, Sour Cream & Onion and BBQ) all sorts of Tastykakes including my favorite Tandykakes and Butterscotch Krimpets and some Chocolate Cupkakes that I'll maybe let my Roommate eat.

There were also bags of candy and twizzlers and to balance the whole thing out there were Special K Granola Bars.

On top of the box was an envelope and inside was this fabulous picture taken of us in 1978 when we went to Hawaii for my Dad's Companys Annual Convention.

I remember that trip distinctly, 30 years later....oh my god, 30 years ago!

I've got to go have a cocktail!

5 comments:

Mr. Urs said...

What a sweet boy - and that shirt! fabulous...

The Big Finn said...

Great picture! I like your dad's hair. I'm thinking that if he had grown it a bit longer he'd have Kramer hair.

Antipo Déesse said...

It's clear to me that you were destined, even at that young age, to become the fashion icon you are today.

The Sour Kraut said...

Awww...I love that your dad still sends you treats.

Michael Lehet said...

Gomad - I know, too bad he turned into me!

TBF - Yeah he does have Kramer Hair!

Antipo - Ohhh, you called me a Fashion Icon. I have to admit though, I am a Plus Size Model!

TSK - I get care packages about twice a year...I love my parents : -)