Friday, May 30, 2008

Live Blogging - The Scripps Howard National Spelling Bee

What is up with the kids that are on this spelling bee? They all seem to be ADD/ADHD...the guy that was just on (and lost) was tugging at a piece of his hair the entire time. Even after he walked off stage he was still holding onto his hair.

One kid just asked for the definition 4 times, I've always been of the theory - if you don't know it now, you won't know it later. I shop for clothes the same way, if I don't like it now......I'm not going to like it later.

These have got to be the smartest nerdiest kids I have ever seen. But the funny thing is...it's JUST like The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee musical.

One kid is writing in her hand, another is writing it in the air, another covering her mouth, but then I shouldn't say anything because I've never won a spelling bee.

The only thing I won was a leather contest in Florida!

Ha ha, ABC just did a spoof commerical with the kids of Putnam County - hilarious.

OMG, this guy looks like he's 30?! Isn't there an age limit?

And they have commentators, just like Football - which again, I know very little about.

It's just like American Idol but with nerdy kids....oh god, I just realized it's Friday night and I'm sitting home live blogging about a spelling bee.

I've got to go get drunk or something!

4 comments:

Pete said...

its friday night and i'm reading about your blogging about a spelling bee...however i plan on going out later and getting laid

Michael Lehet said...

That sounds like a challenge to me...yeah well I can go out and get drunk and laid too....well I can go get drunk!

Pete said...

i was hoping for a the girl and the cute 30 year old to win, but still a good bee.no fainting though...i'm off to go slumming into the night.

Anonymous said...

Thankfully the spelling bee isnt something that you lot have managed to export back over here :-)