Monday, May 05, 2008

To The Moon Alice, To The Moon

The first form of spousal abuse I learned about was from Jackie Gleason. At least once a week (if not more) he would threaten his lovely flower of a wife, Alice, with a free round-trip to the Moon.

Everyone thought it was funny "To the moon Alic, to the moon" he would yell and people would laugh, but really all he was saying was "If there weren't all of these people around here I'd beat the shit out of you."

But regardless, I AM going to the moon. Yeah, bet you didn't see that one coming did you? Do you want to come with me? Or as they say in the Midwest - "Do you wanna come with?"

You can if you like, and I'll even pick up the tab for you, gratis, no charge, just because you're you!

Don't worry about packing your bags, because you won't need any. In fact, the only thing going to the moon will be your name, but isn't that enough really? NASA has invited us all to join them on a trip to the moon (well, our names at least) via the "Send Your Name To The Moon Project"

You can sign up online and NASA will include your name on a specially manufacturered memory chip that will become part of a future spacecraft that will make it's way to the moon.

If you'd like to join me on my trip to the moon, you can sign up

HERE

I'll make sure to organize a big party when we get there!

2 comments:

Ms Mac said...

So who was it who said, "Pow! Right in the kisser!"?

Michael Lehet said...

Ms. Mac - that was him as well!