Thursday, March 23, 2006

Has the world gone mad?


Check out this link, go ahead I'll wait...really.

Are you back...so has the whole f*cking world gone mad or what? Who in their right mind would a) create a statue of Britney Spears b) call it a "pro-life" statue (I didn't realize that statues were pro/con life? I guess we learn something new everyday) c) create a statue of Britney Spears spitting a baby out of her vagina?

OMG, This is the most disturbing thing I have seen in ages, and believe me you, I've seen some disturbing things (Although there was one Video we wanted to watch a few weeks ago when A&G were here but didn't get the chance too). But this is really over the top and is it really necessary?!?

Here's an excerpt from their site in case you didn't go:

...is purportedly an idealized depiction of Britney in delivery. Natural aspects of Spears’ pregnancy, like lactiferous breasts and protruding naval, compliment a posterior view that depicts widened hips for birthing and reveals the crowning of baby Sean’s head.

An even better quote from their page:

An appropriate location for permanent installation of “Monument to Pro-Life” by Mother’s Day is being sought by the gallery.

Where exactly would an "appropriate location" be for a statue such as this?

7 comments:

Kat said...

Who the hell gives birth doggy style??? I'm totally offended and disgusted.

Kat said...

Bubbles tried to comment but is having blogger technical difficulties. This is what she told me to say for her:

WTF??!!! ppl don't do that.... not real...ppl still like her??! and again....WTF??!!

Xmichra said...

okay, here comes the language.. what in the fucking nine hells are people thinking?? MY GOD PEOPLE!
that's just gross.

CanadianSwiss said...

I'm speechless! Ugh! I agree with all of the above.

clew said...

How bout the TRASH CAN?

Andrea Knapp said...

Britney? More like Shitney.......

That's all I have to say.

gammagoblin said...

Is Britney that well toned? I just think its ironic that one of the supports for this "pro-life" statue is piercing her abdomen.... Britney Speared heehee :)