Thursday, March 09, 2006

She was meant to be Queen

In less than 24 hours the infamous Andi & George will be setting foot on Illinois soil.

Preparations are at hand to make sure that they're treated like a King & Queen, especially since it's Chicago's St Patrick's Day Celebration Weekend.

I've arranged to have the Chicago River dyed green in celebration of their visit, I think they'll be pleasantly surprised.

I've actually been to the St Patrick's Day Parade.....once.....and that was more than enough. We got caught on the wrong side of the parade and were literally trapped. I have never seen a more boring parade, every other group was a bunch of little girls doing the Lord of the Dance dance.....it's so freaky when you see all of these little girls dressed exactly the same and even more freaky is they all have the same HAIR. Yes you heard me right, they all have the same hair. I guess I'm sorta like Chandler Bing in how much they freak me out.

But I think the thing that they'll be most shocked about is this years St Patrick's Day Queen If there was any girl in the world who was meant to be the St Patrick's Day Queen it is truly this girl.

It's sort of sad though that her parents gave her the name that they did.....I mean it's sort of like when someone is named Robert Roberts.....come on folks, get a little creative.

Well I must return to the preparations for the visitors, there's so little to do and so much time...oh wait, strike that...reverse it.

4 comments:

CanadianSwiss said...

Looks like you'll be havin' a lot of fun. I'm sure you will wine & dine them properly; no doubt about that :-)

Kat said...

Have fun! Sounds like you will.

Andrea Knapp said...

You know whats funny ? I saw the title and thought "Oh, how nice, he thinks I should be a queen!".

Then I read the article and felt somehow deflated.......

Actually, I think it shows more how much I'm up my own arse! hahahahaha

I really should only be a princess!

Michael Lehet said...

Deceptive Post Titling....me? LOL!