Friday, March 31, 2006

King Kong - Miniseries, Part Two

Part II of the Kong Miniseries was completed this evening.

Tonight they landed on the island and met the natives. I must say the natives in this version are MUCH scarier than the original.

They got the ship unstuck from the rocks, but at the same time Ann was abducted by the natives and taken back to the island.

That contraption they use to "place" her in the jungle was very interesting. Again, those natives are really scary!

Kong is pretty cool, the special effects are amazing. Some of them appear "cheesy" on the small screen, I'm sure they were very fluid on the big screen, it's just you can tell what's real and what's not.

Jackson really likes his action scenes doesn't he? There was one scene remeniscient of Romancing the Stone (which I wonder was on purpose) and the scene with the dinosaurs went on a little long.....actually it was almost like a Mad TV skit, it was really good at 4 minutes but after 9 minutes it's not fun anymore.

So I've only got 70 minutes to go, I think I'm going to have to wait until Sunday to finish it off. God I hope I don't forget that it's on, I hate investing all that time in a miniseries and then miss the last episode.

5 comments:

Kat said...

I had absolutely no interest in watching that movie. I don't know why, and I don't have bad feelings towards it, it just never occured to me to watch it.

Now that I know it is three hours long, I want to watch it less. It's just not my cup o' tea I guess. Your review is rather entertaing though. :)

Kat said...

entertaining. where is spell check when you need it??

Anonymous said...

I, like Kat, have no desire to watch this movie. But My husband bought it and I made him watch 'walk the line' when he didn't want too. In my defence, he loved wtl... but now he is using that to support HIS arguement.. 'maybe you will like king kong"..

blah blah blippity boo.

3 hours... gah

Michael Lehet said...

Kat - We don't need no stinkin' spell check!

Anonymous said...

strike what i said before. AWESOME movie. I hate it when mark is right..grr